Sunday, March 30, 2008

AC Recap

I'm on a delayed reaction from last Thursday. Sometimes it takes a while to get fully sober...

Anyway after a day of basketball watching, $1 bets with Matt and Ed, and surprising little drinking, I headed down to AC for a Beth Birthday Bash. Ed, Matt, Beth, Sarah, and I went to the Tropicana for some wagering and whistle wetting...

We hit the following bars throughout the night

17) Cuba Libre - one drink with the scary waiter, a decision that all their food was scary, and a chance to move on,
18) Rí~Rá - a two drink stop at a slutty Irish bar, where a number of girls decided to try to pick up Ed, and then thought better of it,
19) A Dam Good Sports Bar - 40 oz. of gold plus splitting another, tempered with shots of goodness, and bar food. MMM...bar food...
20) Providence - dance dance thump thump dance dance thump thump. Guy tried to hit on Beth in front of Mattie, because he wasn't scared of him. Somehow when I walked over, he changed his mind and walked away. Ed decided not to try to pick up to Long Island 30 something hottish housewives, while a woman (with her man in tow) tried to pick me up. Neither of us were down for a threesome ( although his would have been better than mine) and we headed back to the room to put the drunkards to bed.

After that we headed downstairs for some gambling. A guy at my table was pulling the Matt routine ( I am just so good looking...that's why I win all the time.) It had an air of annoying but was also a lot of hilarious. I drunkingly played for about 3 hours and was up a total of $2. Score!

At some point, Matt and Beth succumbed(sp?) to slumber, and Ed and I succumbed to hunger. Diner food at 6 a.m. with a waitress who could barely speak English is awesome. We paid the entire bill in ones, including the tip. Then we jetted up to grab 4 hours of sleep before check out..

The drive home was a mess, and led us to waiting around for an hour to get cheesesteak, which was a great and terrible idea. After that I faded in and out of sleep while waiting b-ball. won a few sports bets, and was ready to go....the next night....but that was Saturday, and my memory of that is faded right now. Until then..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey T.S., this is Tommy B. Goode from karaoke. I stumbled in from Trishy's LJ.

I didn't know about Tuesday karaoke at Mechanics, I'll have to put that in the fanatically complete Philly karaoke calendar.

Hey, you might have other updates for that, let me know:

http://www.boutell.com/philly/karaoke

Prost!

-Tom

Anonymous said...

Oh lookitthat, I did have it. I underestimated my karaoke-cataloguing prowess.

20 bars in 20 days is a noble endeavor.